Under Graduate Programme
Jawaharlal Nehru College offers B.A. and B.Sc., the Under Graduate Programmes in both Science and Arts stream affiliated to Gauhati University. The college implements Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) as per regulations of the Under Graduate Choice Based Credit System (UG-CBCS) of Gauhati University from the Academic session 2019-2020.A CBCS gives the student the freedom to select from a variety of combination courses. This programme have courses spread across six- semesters in three years. One academic year includes two semesters.
Subjects Offered for Honours and Generic
Eligibility and Admission Procedure
||Assamese, English, Bodo, Education Economics, Political Science, History, Mathematics, Anthropology, Geography
||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Anthropology, Geography
1. The college follows relevant guidelines and regulations of affiliating University, regarding eligibility and minimum qualification for enrolment.
2. Admission is strictly on the basis of merit.
3. Interested students may apply for admission in Jawaharlal Nehru College through online portal by filling up requisite forms.
4. The students will then have to appear for selection interview, on prescribed date, time at college premises, along will all necessary testimonials in original.
5. The admission process of the selected students will be over only after payment of all required fee through online payment method.
In Arts Stream = 400 in first Semester of Every Academic Year
In Science Stream = 150 in first Semester of Every Academic Year
Passed in Higher Secondary (+2) or in any equivalent Examination.